What Sets Astrion™ Apart From Other Skin Health Ingredients?
Just About Everything
Astrion™ is unique because of its advanced unique delivery system into the skin.
The majority of human skin contains type I collagen.
Our plant-based compound, Astrion™, has shown in a study to increase type I collagen production by 60% in the outer layer of skin (epidermis) and 80% in the middle layer (dermis).
Astrion™ delivers nutrients into the epidermis, dermis, and subcutaneous skin layers through transcellular, transfollicular, stratum, sweat ducts, and diffusion between cells because of the compound’s lipophilic-hydrophilic properties. In other words, the nutrients penetrate deep into the skin layers to nourish and hydrate for a supple look and feel.
It’s no wonder why brands are formulating with Astrion™ to take their products to the next level.
The Science Behind Astrion™:
Associated Effects Based on Research Findings
Astrion™ reduces the number and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles through increased endogenous production of collagen and hyaluronic acid as well as increased absorption of proline and glucosamine (the building blocks of collagen and hyaluronic acid, respectively) in skin cells.
Astrion™ also reduces the breakdown of collagen in skin cells and skin discoloration due to UV light damage from the sun.
Specifically, Astrion™ has shown in 12 in-vitro and one human study to:
- Increase collagen I synthesis in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 60%*
- Increase collagen I synthesis in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 80%*
- Increase collagen I secretion in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 45%*
- Increase collagen III synthesis in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 30%*
- Increase collagen III secretions in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 80%*
- Increase hyaluronic acid synthesis in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 20%*
- Increase the hyaluronic acid synthase (HA synthase 2) gene expression in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 30%*
- Increase proline uptake in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 27%*
- Increase glucosamine uptake in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 11%*
- Increase telomerase activity in epidermal cells (HaCaT cell) by 265%*
- Decrease MMP-1 protein synthesis in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 51%*
- Decrease MMP-1 gene expression in dermal cells (HDF cell) by 50%*
- Reduce wrinkles by 15% (human study)*
- Reduce melanin by 17% for lightening up the skin (human study)*
These associated effects are listed here as data to inform product formulators with the extensive possibilities of this ingredient based on our research findings.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.