Senactiv® is the first senolytic sportsceutical that elevates exercise endurance, recovery, and energy with rapid senescent cell clearance and new muscle cell generation.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
- Enhances exercise endurance*
- Increases energy during exercise*
- Accelerates recovery after exercise*
- Stimulates muscle cell renewal*
SENACTIV® REPLACES SENESCENT CELLS WITH NEW MUSCLE CELLS FOR ENHANCED EXERCISE PERFORMANCE
Citrate Synthase Activity (%)
Relative Glycogen Accumulation Rate (%)
Inflammatory & Oxidative Biomarkers (%)
Senescence Clearance (%)
New & Regenerative Muscle Cells (%)
HOW SENACTIV® WORKS
Muscle, like all tissue, is made of a network of cells. These cells are constantly dividing and regenerating to maintain the health and function of the tissue as they age. Although at a certain point, the cells may stop regenerating and become senescent; meaning, the cell stops multiplying but doesn’t die off when it should.
The higher density of senescent cells in a tissue, the lower the tissue can perform. In a perfect world, senescent cells are recognized and cleared by phagocytes, a type of immune cell within the body that engulfs and clears away unwanted items including bacteria, pathogens, and dead cells.2
Taking Senactiv® before physical activities or exercise activates macrophages for rapid senescent cell clearance, allowing migration of stem cells into exercised muscle for new muscle cell generation. Our scientists made the discovery that the aging cells accumulated in the muscle are mostly stem cells which are responsible for the regeneration of muscle and blood vessels.
Younger muscle cells work longer, harder, and recover faster than older muscle cells because they have higher mitochondria counts which produce energy, greater ATP energy production capacity, and higher glycogen storing capacity. Senactiv® is the first senolytic for enhanced exercise performance on the market.1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Senactiv® increases endurance by increasing glycogen and energy production in the muscle cells through lowered inflammation during exercise through increasing insulin sensitivity, reduced lipid peroxidation, and increased mitochondria density from rapid muscle regeneration as evidenced by our TBARS, MDA, TNF-α, IL-10, glycogen replenishment, and citrate synthase activity studies.
Senactiv® speeds up muscle fatigue recovery by lowering muscle inflammation and accelerating muscle regeneration through senescent cell clearance for rapid new muscle cell regeneration as evidenced by our TBARS, MDA, IL-6, CK, TNF-α, IL-10, SA-gal, P16ink4α+ muscle cells, apoptotic nuclei, iNOS, Pax7, Mfy5, total glutathione, and centrally nucleated myofibers studies.1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
US Patent No. 10,806,764
Highly purified fractions extracted from Rosa roxburghii (fruit) and Panax notoginseng (root).
Clinical dosage: 50mg
1. Improved inflammatory balance of human skeletal muscle during exercise after supplementations of the ginseng-based steroid Rg1. PLOS One. Jan 2015. (3 human trials) doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0116387. eCollection 2015.
2. Ginsenoside Rg1 supplementation clears senescence-associated β-galactosidase in exercising human skeletal muscle. Journal of Ginseng Research. June 2018. (1 human trial) doi: 10.1016/j.jgr.2018.06.002.
3. Satellite cells depletion in exercising human skeletal muscle is restored by ginseng component Rg1 supplementation. Journal of Functional Foods. April 2019. DOI: 10.1016/j.jff.2019.04.032 (1 human trial)
4. Exercise against aging: Darwinian natural selection of fit and unfit cell inside human body. Journal of Science in Sport and Exercise. June 2019. DOI: 10.1007/s42978-019-0002-y (1 human trial)
5. Aerobic exercise induces tumor suppressor p16ink4a expression of endothelial progenitor cells in human skeletal muscle. Aging. July 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jgr.2018.06.002 (1 human trial)
6. Oral Rg1 supplementation strengthens antioxidative defense system against exercise-induced oxidative stress in rat skeletal muscle. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012.
7. Ginsenoside Rg1 protects the liver against exhaustive exercise-induced oxidative stress in rats. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. June 2011. doi.org/10.1155/2012/932165 (in vivo)
8. Longevity, tumor, and physical vitality in rats consuming ginsenoside Rg1. Journal of Ginseng Research. April 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jgr.2021.04.006 (in vivo).
9. Reduced stem cell aging in exercised human skeletal muscle is enhanced by ginsenoside Rg1. Aging. Jun 2021. doi: 10.18632/aging.203176 (1 human trial)
*These statements may not comply with your country’s laws and regulations or with Reg. EC n. 1924/2006 and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Marketers of finished products containing this ingredient are responsible for ensuring compliance with the applicable legal framework.