Osteosine™ is NuLiv Science’s patented phyto-blend for healthy bone support.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
BONE HEALTH AT-A-GLANCE
Throughout our lives, our bodies continuously form new bone tissue and break down old bone tissue. This process is called “bone remodeling.” The process of bone remodeling involves three consecutive phases. In the first phase, resorption, old bone is digested by specific cells called osteoclasts. These cells absorb and remove old bone tissue.
In the next phase, reversal, a single nucleus cell appears on the bone surface to help regulate the remodeling process. The final phase, formation, involves the creation of new bone by another type of cell called osteoblasts. The goal of this process is to ensure the strength and health of the skeleton. This process happens all throughout our lives, but the pace at which each section works varies throughout the lifecycle.
When young, our bodies form more new bone tissue than dissolve old bone tissue, building up the bones. In the 20s, the body’s bone density and structural strength tend to peak. From that point on, bone density and structural strength decrease as bone resorption, or break down, outpaces bone formation. This is why in the later stages of life, bone-supporting supplements and therapies come into play.
- Works to increase mineral content in the bone*
- Demonstrated increase in trabecular width and surface area in the bone*
- Supports bone density and structural strength*
OSTEOSINE™ WORKS TO SUPPORT NEW BONE GROWTH
AND SLOW BONE BREAKDOWN
Effect of Osteosine™ on s-BGP, b-ALP, s-TRAP, and
s-CA in post-ovariectomized rats
Bone mineral density in post-ovariectomized
Bone ash, calcium and phosphate contents in
post-ovariectomized rat model
Bone mineral density in retinoic acid-induced
Trabecula in retinoic acid-induced rat model
Bone ash contents in retinoic acid-induced
HOW OSTEOSINE™ WORKS
Osteosine™ enhances the “bone formation” process while decreasing the “bone resorption” process. This means more new bone is being built while less old bone is being dissolved, leading to an overall increase in bone density. Osteosine™ also works to increase bone structural strength by increasing the width and weight of the trabecula, the “beams” that provide the structural support for the bone, which is critical to bone strength.
OsteoSine™ is a specialized food and dietary ingredient composed of highly fractionated Cnidium monnieri and Cuscuta chinensis extracts, produced by a proprietary pharmaceutical extraction technology. OsteoSine™ has been demonstrated in six in vitro and two in vivo studies to promote bone density and structural strength when proper diet and regular exercise are maintained. Specifically, OsteoSine™ has shown in these studies to
- Increases bone growth as demonstrated by increased DNA, type I collagen, osteocalcin (OCN), osteopontin (OPN), bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP2) in the studied bone cells (MG-63)
- Decreases bone degradation as demonstrated by osteoprotegerin expression upregulation
- Increase bone mineral density by 8 ~ 10% (1)
- Increase bone ash weight, calcium, and phosphate content by 3 ~ 5% (2)
- Increase trabecula surface area and width (1,2)
CN 1080537A, CN 1080537, CN 1096204, CN 1112010, CN 1121810
Highly purified fractions extracted from Cnidium monnieri (seed) and Cuscuta chinensis (seed).
Clinical Dosage: 100mg
1. J. Hui, etc. Effect of OsteoSine on Osteoporosis in Ovariectomized Rats. Chin J Nat Med. Jan 2004, vol 2, No.1 55-58.
2. YL Mao, etc. Effect of OsteoSine on Rat Osteoporosis Induced by Retinoic Acid. Chin J Nat Med. Jan 2005, vol 3, No.1, 56-59
*These statements may not comply with your country’s laws and regulations or with Reg. EC n. 1924/2006 and have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Marketers of finished products containing this ingredient are responsible for ensuring compliance with the applicable legal framework. These statements are intended to educate. businesses on the research and development findings of products